A wise bear once said, look for the bare necessities, the simple bare necessities.
Now I’m pretty sure that song is about nature, and not makeup… But that’s ok.
I wasn’t able to pack very much on this road trip, and that means I wasn’t able to pack very much makeup either. Now I always have problems when doing this, because like packing clothes I think to myself, what if I want to use this other product?! I want options!!
So for my current Roadtrip makeup bag I wanted to pack both very easy and versatile products. I needed some options for the possibilities of going out for dinner, but mainly I needed basic travel-friendly light-weight makeup.
- Bourjois healthy mix serum: this might be getting repetitive, but this stuff is amazing. The smell of it is so lovely – and I normally hate products with scents – and it just has such a nice dewy finish. The coverage is light, but with some concealer it can give you an almost flawless, natural look.
- Almay clear complexion concealer: my go to spot concealer. It’s good stuff. I have talked about this before in previous posts. I love it.
- NARS creamy concealer: the best under eye concealer that exists on planet earth. Creamy and not drying, yet long lasting and great coverage. I never wanted to spend this much money on concealer, but I’m totally smitten. NARS got me good.
- Maybelline Fit me concealer: yes I know three concealers for a small makeup bad is a lot. You’re right. This one is just slightly darker than the NARS and I mix them depending on how tanned I am. I want to buy a darker shade of the NARS but.. Dats expensive… *said in Kathleen lights voice*.
- Sephora bronzer in Maui: this is really gorgeous for the summer with a slight shimmer. I’m reaching for it more and more as the summer rolls around! Matte bronzers just don’t do it for me in the summer.
- Kay Von D blush in belissima – sample size! Perfect for travels, such a lovely peachy pink.
- Clinique city block sheer: I am still on the hunt for an SPF that doesn’t make my skin freak out. I tried Cerave AM and it absolutely does not work for me. Breakout city. Anyways, this summer I’m going to give this product a go. I thought I would take it with me to use if I needed an SPF. (Any recommendations for sunscreen are welcome!)
- Maybelline lash sensational mascara: I just keep coming back to this bad boy! This mascara does it all for me, and after trying many others – including Rollerlash – I’m convinced that this is my true HG. Rollerlash just didn’t do it for me. Review to come!
- Wet and wild eyeshadow trio in walking on eggshells: the lid shade in this trio is beautiful for green eyes. Every time I wear it I get complements. It’s such an easy trio to carry around. The only thing that bugs me is the crease shade is shimmery as well, but if I need a matte shade I use my bronzer!
- Urban decay 24/7 liner: easy, simple, doesn’t smudge, I wouldn’t pick anything else at this point.
- Rimmel kohl waterproof liner in nude: I’ve gone through two of these already. I use this on my waterline. It stays put and is the perfect shade to get that awake, big eye effect. I know MAC has one that a lot of people use, but this one is like $5…
- Real Techniques multitask brush: perfect for blush, bronzer or powder. In guess that’s why it’s called multitask!
- Sonia Kashiuk shadow brush: I honestly ended up using my finger to do a wash of colour, so I really didn’t need this.
- Eco tools flat top buffing brush: my holy grail foundation brush. Similar to any high end flat top like the sigma f80, except it has a pretty small top and I like that better as I find it easier to use! Oh and it’s way cheaper! I really recommend this brush!
Also for lips I had my usual NYX butter gloss in creme brûlée and for powder I had Rimmel Stay Matte!